Art Quilt Reviews wants your input.
Art Quilt Reviews is operated by a small group of artists who want to expose serious critical focus concerning the medium of art quilts.
But we can’t write everything ourselves, and we don’t want to. We want YOUR writing, too. If you have a review of an art quilt exhibit, please email it to email@example.com. We’ll look it over, and if we publish it with your byline, we’ll link back to your site. We hope you’ll stick around to address any comments people post about your review, of course — and we hope you’ll add your own comments to the reviews of others.
- title of exhibit
- complete mailing address of venue
- web address of venue, if available
- start and end dates
- curators/judges/jurors, if known
- jpgs or image files of any pieces you discuss in depth, if possible
- your full name
- link to your website or email address
- Please have no connection to the exhibit you review, so you can bring objectivity to the exhibit in its entirety. Connections include having work in the show, acting as as a curator, juror, sponsor, etc. If you are unsure if your involvement in the show is considered a conflict, please disclose this information and we will make a decision as to the appropriateness of the review on a case by case basis.
- Please attach images of the works you discuss the most. Artists or venues are usually happy to give permission to publish their images in exchange for the publicity.
- Submission of a review does not guarantee publication.
- All published reviews will be subjected to editing.
Art doesn’t happen in a vacuum. This space is part of the ongoing dialogue between artist and public.
Thank you for your contributions!